Chairperson: Patty Jorgensen & Shannon Jorgensen
BEST OF SHOW 2016: Lorri Skelton
- Entries will be accepted Thursday, September 7, 2016, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Exhibitors must be amateurs. An amateur is a person who earns less than 25 percent of his/her income from the taking and/or sale of photographs.
- Work must be original work by the artist entering and not previously shown at the West Tennessee State Fair.
- Photos must be 5×7. All photos must be firmly and individually mounted on thick card stock or photo board. The trim MUST NOT exceed half-inch around the photo. No matted photographs will be accepted.
- NO FRAMED PHOTOS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All photos must have on the back of each entry:
Name, Address, and Phone Number of the owner.
Class Name (i.e. People, Animals, Scenic, etc.)
Lot Number and Lot Name
- Exhibitors will be allowed only one entry in any lot. The same photo will not be accepted in more than one lot.
- No visible watermarks, collage work, or computer enhancement consisting of objects or shapes not present in the original scene and added to the photo or excessive distortions will be accepted. Metallic prints will be excluded or disqualified.
- Entries may be color, sepia, monochromatic, or black & white.
- All work submitted is at the photographers own risk. The West Tennessee State Fair cannot assume responsibility for lost or damaged art work.
- All first place entries will be judged for Best of Show.
- Exhibits MUST be picked up Sunday, September 17th, 6pm-8pm. Fair is Not responsible for exhibits not picked up.
The people are the main focus, not just part of the shot.
- Lot 928 Babies (0-24 months)
- Lot 929 Toddlers (2-4 years)
- Lot 930 Children (5-12 years)
- Lot 931 Teens (13-18 years)
- Lot 932 Adults (solo/portraits)
- Lot 933 Groups (3 or more people)
- Lot 934 Children at Play
- Lot 935 Military/Law Enforcement/Fire Fighters/EMT
- Lot 936 Sporting Activity
The animals are the main focus, not just part of the shot.
- Lot 942 Pets
- Lot 943 Birds
- Lot 944 Farm Animals
- Lot 945 Zoo Animals
- Lot 946 Wild Animals
- Lot 950 Landscapes
- Lot 951 Skyscapes
- Lot 952 Waterscapes
- Lot 953 Sunrise/Sunset
- Lot 954 Nightscapes
- Lot 955 Other Scenery (ONLY if the scene does NOT fit into any other lot)
The structure is the main focus, not just part of the shot.
- Lot 960 Buildings
- Lot 961 Old Barns
- Lot 962 Architectural Elements
- Lot 963 Historical Structures
- Lot 964 Bridges
- Lot 965 Other Structures (ONLY if the man-made structure does NOT fit into any other lot)
- Lot 969 Flower (single bloom)
- Lot 970 Flowers (multiple blooms)
- Lot 971 Trees w/ Unique Characteristics
- Lot 972 Bugs/Insects
- Lot 973 Stormy Weather
- Lot 974 Field Crops and/or Garden Vegetables
- Lot 979 18 & Under (Photos by anyone AGE 18 & UNDER ONLY)
- Lot 980 Transportation – Animal(s), hitched or ridden
- Lot 981 Transportation – Vehicle(s), Aircraft
- Lot 982 Farm Equipment
- Lot 983 Heavy Machinery
- Lot 984 Fair Scenes
- Lot 985 Theme, Current Year Sew It, Grow It, Show It
- Lot 986 Miscellaneous (ONLY if the photograph does NOT fit into any other of the lots)
People’s Choice Award
Fair goers will select a favorite photography entry. The winner will receive a ribbon.
Specific Lot Descriptions
- Architectural Elements — capturing specific parts (elements) of a structure.
- 18 & Under — This category is ONLY for photos taken by anyone age 18 and under.
- Miscellaneous — If it does not fit into any other lot.