Chairman: Lisa Kersey
BEST OF SHOW 2016 Non Professional: Candy Pope
BEST OF SHOW 2016 Professional: Lisa Kersey
- Entries will be accepted Thursday, September 7, 2017, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- All entries must be in the name of the person who actually did the work.
- Only first place winners will be judged for Best of the Show.
- Best of Show rosettes will be awarded in both amateur and professional divisions.
- All entries must be entered during the entry time.
- All entries must be original artwork.
- Items cannot have been exhibited previously in the West Tennessee State Fair.
- The committee and the chairman reserve the right to refuse any item that they consider unsuitable. No nudes, violence or obscenity.
- All artwork must be framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers will be accepted. No hanging supplies will be provided. If you have doubts about your hanging hardware contact the department chairman prior to entry date.
- Maximum size of artwork including frame is 48 inches in any direction.
- Professional is for those who teach for pay or earn at least 10% of their personal income from art sales.
- Awards will be as follows, unless otherwise noted:
- First Place — $3.00
- Second Place — $2.00
- Third Place — $1.00
- Exhibits MUST be picked up Sunday, September 17th, 6pm to 8pm. Fair is NOT responsible for Exhibits not picked up.
Framed Art Professional
To encourage more professional involvement, the awards in the Professional Framed Art Division are as follows:
- First Place – $8.00
- Second Place – $6.00
- Third Place – $4.00
- Lot 21 Oils
- Lot 22 Acrylic
- Lot 23 Watercolor
- Lot 24 Mixed Media Art (not photos)
- Lot 25 Pastel
- Lot 26 Graphic (comic book style)
- Lot 27 Pen and Ink
- Lot 28 Colored Pencil
- Lot 29 Charcoal & Graphite
- Lot 30 Computers Generated Art (not photos)
- Lot 31 Experimental
- Lot 32 Current Fair Theme
Framed Art Non-Professional
- Lot 38 Oil – Landscape
- Lot 39 Oil – Portrait
- Lot 40 Oil – Still Life
- Lot 41 Oil – Animals
- Lot 42 Oil – Floral
- Lot 43 Acrylic – Landscape
- Lot 44 Acrylic – Portrait
- Lot 45 Acrylic – Still Life
- Lot 46 Acrylic – Animals
- Lot 47 Acrylic – Floral
- Lot 48 Watercolor-Landscape
- Lot 49 Watercolor – Portrait
- Lot 50 Watercolor – Still Life
- Lot 51 Watercolor – Animals
- Lot 52 Watercolor – Floral
- Lot 53 Mixed Media – Landscape
- Lot 54 Mixed Media – Portrait
- Lot 55 Mixed Media – Still Life
- Lot 56 Mixed Media – Animals
- Lot 57 Mixed Media – Floral
- Lot 58 Pastel/Charcoal/Pencil/Graphite – Landscape
- Lot 59 Pastel/Charcoal/Pencil/Graphite – Portrait
- Lot 60 Pastel/Charcoal/Pencil/Graphite – Still Life
- Lot 61 Pastel/Charcoal/Pencil/Graphite – Animals
- Lot 62 Pastel/Charcoal/Pencil/Graphite – Floral
- Lot 63 Graphic (Comic Book Style)
- Lot 64 Computer Generated Art (not photos)
- Lot 65 Any Other
- Lot 66 Current Fair Theme – (2017 Theme Flower – Sunflowers)
- Lot 72 Earthenware
- Lot 73 Stoneware
- Lot 74 Hand-Slab Built
- Lot 75 Wheel-thrown
Natural Materials Weaving
- Lot 82 Reed Basket
- Lot 83 Split Basket
- Lot 84 Chair Caning
- Lot 85 Any Other
Woodcarving & Turning
- Lot 91 ‘In the round’ less than 12″
- Lot 92 ‘In the round’ 12″ or larger
- Lot 93 Relief
- Lot 94 Chip
- Lot 95 Any Other
- Lot 96 Turned Vessels (12″ or less)
- Lot 97 Turner Vessels (larger than 12″)
- Lot 103 3-D
- Lot 104 Wall Hanging
- Lot 105 Any Other
Stained & Leaded Glass
- Lot 111 Suncatcher
- Lot 112 Window
- Lot 113 Lamp
- Lot 114 Etched or Engraved
- Lot 115 Warm Glass (fused, slumped, lamp work)
- Lot 116 Beads
- Lot 117 Any Other
People’s Choice Award
Fair patrons will vote for their favorite art entry. Winner will receive a ribbon.