The management of the West Tennessee State Fair reserves the right to amend, add to and interpret the following rules and questions and differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of, connected with, or incident to the Fair. In the event of conflict between General Rules and Special Rules which appear as head notes to the various Division and Departments of the Fair, the later will take precedence.
2017 Theme: Sew It, Grow It, Show It
Coordinators: Pete Johnson and Fred Cunningham
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 1pm – 6pm – Quilts & Quilted Items
- Thursday, September 7, 2017, 1pm – 6pm – Canning, Visual Arts, School Art, Stitch & Sew, Hobbies & Crafts, Needlework, Photography, Handiwork, Therapeutic Art, and 4-H (same departments as listed)
- Monday, September 11, 2017, 1pm – 6:30pm – Culinary(baking), Cut Flowers, Fruits & Vegetables, Crops, Horticulture-Potted Plants, Gardening, and 4-H (same departments as listed)
- Sunday, September 17, 2017, 6pm – 8pm – No releases before this time and NO ONE admitted until 6:00 pm. Your Entries MUST be picked up at this time. Excludes Quilts & Quilted Items (Fair is not responsible for Entries not picked up)
- Monday, September 18, 2017, 2pm – 7pm – Quilts & Quilted Items released
- All exhibits must be made by the exhibitor. Cut flowers, potted plants, fruits and vegetables must be grown by the exhibitor.
- All articles exhibited at owner’s risk, but reasonable precautions will be taken for the protection of your exhibits.
- All articles must not have been exhibited before at the West Tennessee State Fair.
- Awards and premiums for the 2017 winners will be FIRST PLACE RIBBON and $3.00; SECOND PLACE, red ribbon and $2.00; and THIRD PLACE, white ribbon and $1.00; unless otherwise stated. BEST OF SHOW in all departments will be chosen from the blue ribbon winners.
- Sew It, Grow It, Show It is the 2017 Family Center Building theme. A special commemorative ribbon will be awarded to exhibitors that particularly emphasize the theme.
- No person may exhibit more than one article in any lot.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse to accept any exhibit considered unsuitable for the fair.
- The committee will be in complete charge of arranging exhibits.
- Two divisions include:
- Youth and 4-H Division for all youth through age 19.
- Adult division for ages 20 and above.
- Youth may enter adult division if no category is offered in Youth Department.
- Exhibitors are restricted from the exhibit area during judging.
- To speed registration, complete the Exhibitor Form.